On Endings and Goodbyes:
1. Best ending of a movie/book/TV show I still like the ending of the "MASH" television show. I think they were the first to make a big-deal-two-hour-extravaganza ending show. Also, the ending of the Bible is pretty good, "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."
2. Worst ending of a movie/book/TV show "Dallas," no question.
3. Tell about a memorable goodbye you've experienced. In 4th grade when my best friend's dad was transfered, we camped in my backyard with a couple other friends and had a great time.
4. Is it true that "all good things must come to an end"? Only in the sense that all things end. My marriage is good, and I don't want it to end, but eventually one of us will die.
5. "Everything I ever let go of has claw marks on it." --Anne Lamott
Discuss. I love Anne Lamott. We don't give things up easily, do we? I think of friendships I've tried to maintain long after we've both moved on. Hopes, dreams, they don't go away easily.
Bonus: "It isn't over until the fat lady sings." I've never loved this expression. So propose an alternative: "It isn't over until the kids are asleep, really."