04 May, 2007

RGBP Friday Five -- Party Time

Hey, I'm actually doing two Friday Fives in a row! So, party on!

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest? I would rather be a guest. Hosting requires crisis cleaning in our house, and I'm much more stressed about what people will think about me, my home, my choice of party decorations, themes, games, etc.

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes? The minute folks go home? Hah! I just today tossed the last decoration from my daughter's birthday party in November. I know it's not good for the environment, but all I've done recently is kids' parties, so the dishes are all disposable.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be? I don't really know. It would also depend on whether it was a kid party or an adult party.

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party? The party itself went fine, but the prep for my DD's party -- our first for her friends, not just family -- was really bad -- yelling, stress, etc.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best? When my DD and DS went to DD's friend's 4th b-day party, they both had fun, and so I had fun.

2 comments:

Barbara B. said...

"Crisis cleaning" -- I like that term! (That's exactly what we do when we will be having guests!)

Unknown said...

Kids' parties can be very stressful, always a relief when there are no tears!