05 October, 2007

RGBP Friday Five: Thankfulness List

Five things I am thankful for:
  1. My children. They are 5 (almost 6) and 3, and although they can be frustrating and maddening at times, they are constant sources of wonder and joy. Listening to them playing together (when they're getting along), reading together, my 3y0's belly laugh when I tickle him, the astounding rate at which my 5yo is learning new things in school, hugs, their amazing eyes (blue and green, compared to my brown) are some of my favorite things. They are healthy, happy, smart, strong and friendly. What more can I ask?
  2. My husband. He is always ultimately my strongest supporter and ally. When I'm feeling rotten, talking to him usually really does help. He made the above children possible, and would do anything for them and does a good job with the day-to-day stuff, too. Sometimes we get to have a conversation w/o the kids around and I remember the intellect and humor that drew us together to begin with.
  3. My parents and in-laws. Yes, even my in-laws! They are in relatively good health, stable in their own marriages, and close enough to be active parts of our lives. And they don't meddle or tell us how to raise the kids or run our lives.
  4. Friends, old and new. Thanks for unlimited long distance, too, because I can spend hours on the phone with my best friend from sem. Also, a new clergy friend and a new non-believer friend have added great dimension to my life.
  5. My therapist. I'm a woman with 2 young kids trying to become ordained. 'Nuff said.

10 comments:

j said...

Oh yeah...I meant to list my therapist, too! God bless them! Good play. Thank you!

Jan said...

I'm glad you have such a supportive husband and a therapist while you have two young kids and are becoming ordained. WOW! God is driving you, thank the Lord!

leah said...

real relationships with wonderful people--you do have a whole lot of reasons for being grateful! thanks for playing...

Unknown said...

Amen to #5!! (I did it with three at home.)

Unknown said...

Good play, you must have a wonderful family.

Terri said...

A therapist can be a good idea during many of life's transition times...young mom about to be ordained is definitely one of them...taking care of self, so you can care for others!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thanks for a great play.

I don't have a therapist right now but many many years would have found me saying this one...so glad you have a good one to help you get through the craziness of the ordination process.

We found out last night that my four/almost five year old is actually learning to read. :-). She "reads" constantly but usually with books she has just about memorized from hearing them, and this time she actually read a new medium length one with just a little prompting. It is so exciting, isn't it.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes as well to #5

RevDrKate said...

Lovely list, the relationships come through loud and strong, gifts all the way. Great play!