10 September, 2006

Introductions

I am an M.Div. graduate of a seminary of the ELCA, but I have been waiting a couple years for a call b/c as the mother of two beautiful children who are still under five, I would like a call that is part time, and I would like my husband to not have to move/change jobs. So, in the mean time I serve in a very limited capacity at the congregation where we worship, and I get to enjoy my children's growing up.
It was my systematics professor in seminary who said, "Baptism complicates your life." That got me thinking then about how key baptism is to the life of faith. If you are unbaptized, you are under no obligation to follow Christ's way of the suffering servant, and you don't need to think about anyone other than yourself. But baptism is also a call. A call to see those in need. A call to look at the world as God does. A call to love without limits. A call to forgive. None of those are easy things to do! Hence, "Baptism complicates you life," but what a wonderful complication, to be caught up in God's saving love for the world.
I want to blog b/c I've been lurking around reading and occasionally commenting on the RevGalBlogPals blog ring. I've loved the thoughtfulness and community I've seen there, and I want to be a part of it.
More later. Watch this space.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, CoG!
Welcome to RevGalBlogPals! I love your systematics professor's take on baptism, so true.

A. Lin said...

Except for the fact that I am baptist, your introduction reads a lot like mine. I am an M.Div. graduate of a baptist seminary; I am waiting for a call, but I am the mother of two children still under 5. I would like a part-time call to ministry, and I would like it if my dh would not have to move/change jobs. Right now, I serve my church as I can and also welcome the opportunity to preach for pastors in my area who are on vacation.

Welcome to the RevGalBlogPals. I understand the need to blog in this community. I enjoy the opportunity to reflect and having a platform for doing so.

Anonymous said...

thinking your blog will be great. Welcome to Rev Gals too btw